Researches are focalized toward the protection, management and conservation of the local agro-biodiversity, mainly through genetic traceability, proteomic analysis and chemical characterization of food and nutraceutical resources.
The specific activities of this research sector are:
- Development and validation of molecular tools for authenticity control and traceability applied to brand products;
- genetic and proteomic characterization for the protection of plant germplasm and development of molecular databases;
- Characterization of substances with nutraceutical properties in fresh and processed plant-derived foods;
- Analysis of environmental stresses related to the productivity of plants.
- Analysis and database recording of ancient plants
MODOLIVI – PSR 2007-13 Regione Toscana (coordinator Giampiero Cai, in collaboration with Silvia Casini, DSFTA)
APISALUS – SR 2007-13 Regione Toscana (coordinator Massimo Nepi)
TOSCOLATA – AGRIFOOD Regione Toscana
TOSCO MAGNATUM TRACE – AGRIFOOD Regione Toscana
INNOVACEREALI - PSR 2014-2020 Regione Toscana
BASIQ – Bottega Alimentare della Sostenibilità, Identità e Qualità - PSR 2014-2020 Regione Toscana (coordinator Giampiero Cai)