Preclinical characterization of synthetic and natural derived compounds in modulating cardiovascular functions, with particular attention on the role of gaseous transmitters and ion channels in the cardiovascular pathophysiology
- Evaluation of the role of gaseous transmitter (nitric oxide and hydrogen sulphide) pathways in endothelial function and angiogenesis.
- Preclinical characterization of synthetic and natural compounds (nutraceuticals) in the maintenance of vascular and lymphatic functions and angiogenesis.
- Experimental research on natural compounds as modulators of calcium and potassium channels in single vascular smooth muscle cell by means of the patch-clamp technique: medicinal plants as source of novel scaffolds/drugs for the treatment of vascular diseases.
- Cardiovascular safety pharmacology of novel multidrug resistance inhibitors: from cells to isolated organs based assays.
- Discovery of novel and cardioselective diltiazem-like calcium channel blockers
Researchers involved in the activities:
Beatrice Gorelli (tecnico)
Martina Monti https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Martina_Monti2
Erika Terzuoli https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Erika_Terzuoli
Valerio Ciccone https://it.linkedin.com/in/valerio-ciccone-0b45188a
Miriam Durante https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Miriam_Durante